While at the club safety is your and our Number One Priority.
Please realize that unsafe shooting will not be tolerated from our members. The range is monitored by close circuit cameras and if unsafe shooting is observed, you will be contacted and asked to follow our safety rules. If you chronically demonstrate unsafe shooting your membership will be revoked.
Please join us in following the 10 Commandments of Shooting.
- Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction.
- Firearms should be unloaded when not actually in use.
- Don't rely on your gun's "safety".
- Be sure of your target and what's beyond it.
- Use correct ammunition.
- If your gun fails to fire when the trigger is pulled, handle with care!
- Always wear eye and ear protection when shooting.
- Be sure the barrel is clear of obstructions before shooting.
- Don't alter or modify your gun, and have guns serviced regularly.
- Learn the mechanical and handling characteristics of the firearm you are using.
A non-inclusive list of unsafe shooting is:
- Shooting into the rafters
- Skipping/bouncing shots off of walls or floors
- Drawing from a holster to shoot
- Shooting a target while it is moving
- Purposefully shooting to miss the back stop
- Shooting non-pistol cartridges